Saturday, July 28, 2018

Under and Over It

Hello kiddies,

Summer, huh? Well I think this is the first day without rain since... June or something? NOT complaining since I hate the heat, but I'll admit it, it's actually nice to enjoy a sunny day once in a while, especially since my vacation just started and I had a really chillaxing day, representing (the start of) a transformation process, if I may call it so. 

Let's just get over the softy introduction and reach the main point: the last few months sucked and I'm fed up with crappy people. Ba dum tss! Nothing new, I know, but bear with me (this saying always makes me giggle, cause it makes me think of bears). When I say everything sucked, I mean real life shitty issues, problems that pilled up, one after another, without giving me a damn break. Maybe it would have been easier if all of these problems were mine directly, but no. They hit where it hurts the most, they hit my loved ones, meaning my family, my friends from over here and my friends from far away. 

So many of you that don't know me that well, think of me as this unbreakable fun persona to be around. Let me tell you a secret: this entertaining person is also a real woman, dealing with anxiety and a lot of other such issues gathered in the last years. Let's get this straight: I am NOT complaining here. I've learned throughout the years that no matter how much I may be suffering, there are always worse situations, so I need to be realistic about the things I am dealing with and try not to let them overcome me. I won't let you in on the details, but I just feel like I've reached that "level" where I can speak about these things without fear. Why? From my point of view, this is not a taboo anymore and more important, I just stopped giving a flying fudge.

Looking back at my latest post, I have spoken a lot about kindness, stating the fact that we should always choose kindness, when dealing with all sorts of situations in our everyday life. But oh my friends, I have failed to mention something extremely important: where do we draw the line?

Tricky and complex, but necessary to draw that line. People tend to become very selfish and to show their true colors once they believe they got under your skin, taking advantage of your kind and understanding nature (pointing at the biggest idiot that's typing this right now). This, in time, becomes a very toxic process, that will drain you of all your energy and you'll just have no idea of what the hell is happening, why are you feeling so down and why are you filled with so much anguish most of the time. This spooky shit is real, man. So once you've figured this out, just RUUUUN FOREST! No one needs this type of crap in his/her life. No decent human being should be treated this way, just because others find some sort of sick satisfaction in seeing others collapse (great, now Eminen is on my mind). I can guarantee that everything will turn out a bit more easier on your mind and your soul, if you are not wrapped up in this toxicity. 

YOU are the most important and you need to take care of yourself and learn to love yourself first. Don't fear losing these people, if these people are the ones that are constantly dragging you down to the depths of hell and beyond. Sure, if you think you can open up your heart and talk with said person about this, be my guest! I'm all about saving people and second chances, even though, probably, only somewhere around 10% of these individuals really want to listen closely and try to make a change to save the connection you have. This will maybe help you understand how much they really care about you or not (but don't get your hopes too high). Some say expectations (and promises!) are the root of all heartache. #truestory

I read something really awesome today and I feel that I should share it with you:


This is an extract from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Heaven, by the one and only Corey Taylor and I won't comment in any way. Just think about it and let it sink in.

And guess what time it is now?! Of course, I must add in here some old-ass musical obsessions, because I will say this until I'll turn to ashes: music is the best healer. Get ready for a weird combination:

Lord Of The Lost - Drag Me To Hell

Linkin Park - Lost In The Echo

Delain - Not Enough

Sonata Arctica - Paid In Full

Within Temptation - Faster

And finally, the song that names this blog post and gets me sooo pumped up every time I listen to it:

Five Finger Death Punch - Under and Over It
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*ck you!

For real now. Take care of yourselves, guys.

Cris

No comments:

Post a Comment